Here are five things every patient and advocate can do
to support the cause:
1. Call or email and tweet your Representative in the US House of Representatives and urge them to support rescheduling cannabis under federal law and to protect patients and providers in states where medical cannabis is already legal.
2. Email and tweet President Obama and ask him to stop the federal attacks on medical cannabis. The President must live up to the promises he made of a more enlightened federal policy. https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
3. Start and/or sign petitions to the White House to help show overwhelming public support for medical cannabis and opposition to the federal crackdown.
4. Speak up in the media. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, call into a radio or internet talk show, or post comments to stories online.
5. Organize or attend a peaceful protest against the federal crackdown in your community. If the President is visiting your hometown as part of his re-election campaign, consider timing your event to coincide with his visit.